I Remember

I Remember


I remember the shapes, structures and figures I drew on the canvas of the blue sky with clouds as my paint brush.

I remember getting gloomy for the characters that died in the movie. As an innocent child I used to wonder why did they have to die and what would have happened if they had survived.

I remember walking for an entire day to reach my village. All those Namaste plants on the way were the motivating factor to keep on moving.

I remember getting complimented  for the first and the last time for my handwriting.

I remember getting a prize for the first time. It was for a drawing of a boy; a boy reassembling me.

I remember the day I got my first pair of glasses. It is so vivid because it was the same day that I broke them.

I remember screaming " Batti ayo " back in those load shedding days. I can still feel the excitement.

I remember getting caught while trying to bunk the class. We four made the same excuse of a stomache but generously the teacher excused us.

I remember all those classes we skipped and the places we wandered just in the name of science project during the parent's day season.

I remember all these things whether they are tiny pieces of happiness or giant lumps of sorrow. They always hit me with a smooth breeze of nostalgia.


Check out my latest post titled " I Won't Remember "



Previous
Next Post »

3 Comments

Click here for Comments
Mikedsameer
admin
July 30, 2020 at 11:43 AM ×

Awesome.These took me back to my old kids day!! Thanks for sharing ��

Reply
avatar
Mikedsameer
admin
July 30, 2020 at 11:43 AM ×

Awesome.These took me back to my old kids day!! Thanks for sharing 💐

Reply
avatar
July 30, 2020 at 9:48 PM ×

Thank you Sameer ...I am glad it did

Reply
avatar